There are so many programs out there, how do I pick the right program? Unfortunately there is no easy answer to this question. You need to talk to people and experiment to see what works for your body. All of our bodies are different and they will respond differently to certain programs. The internet is your friend and can be a wonderful resource in working towards your fitness goals.
Today was my first day of the Live Fit Trainer program (again). I did this same program last January and had amazing results. A good friend of mine and I committed last January to doing the entire program and only allowing ourselves one cheat. My cheat night was very epic and included energy drinks, macaroons, birthday cake, dark sea salt chocolate, pizza, booze and obviously McDonald’s cheeseburgers. I do not recommend eating this way as my stomach severely paid for that choice but it was my birthday and I will eat/cry if I want to. I did not have a chance to complete the entire program because of going to Costa Rica but I felt the best I have ever felt in a bikini. My body was toned and I felt amazing!
Reasons why I love the program:
- The meal plan: Jamie Eason has laid out a very easy to follow meal plan with options. You eat regularly, every three hours, and the food is yummy. She includes lots of options so you can still eat out on the plan but you have to weigh your food. So bring your scale to the restaurant. Get ready to eat a lot of protein.
- The workouts: The workouts are laid out for you for 12 weeks. They are very easy to follow and bodybuilding.com even shows you how to do the exercises. It makes it easy for you!
- The Results: The results of this program are amazing. My girlfriend completed the entire program and her body is incredible! This program works! Best of all… Are you cheap like me? The program is FREE!!
The challenging parts about the program:
- Time: If you chose this program then know in advance that you are committing a significant amount of your time to working out and food prep. The workouts can vary from 30 minutes to 90 minutes depending on the phase and how busy your gym is. Even though this is a huge time commitment, I see it as an investment in my physical and mental health.
- Discipline: This program is very challenging because it requires being very disciplined for following through with your workouts and eating properly. You will be in the gym 6 days a week in Phase 2 and 3.
- Equipment: This plan is not for you if you do not go to the gym. Most of the workouts require a lot of machines and I don’t think you will get the same benefits without following through with all of the exercises.
With all of that being said I am so excited to be doing this again! I will be starting in Phase Two because my body is experienced in lifting weights and I know this program quite well. I completed the workout this morning in 60 minutes and loved every minute of it. I really encourage you to try lifting weights if you haven’t done so before. It really helps to tone your body and the more muscle you have, the harder your body is working to burn calories. I promise you will not get big by lifting weights and eating protein. I plan on doing Ashley Conrad’s 21 day clutch after I complete this program again. C
Here is a sample of some of my meal prep which includes ground chicken, veggies, couscous and greek yogurt. Check out the link below for Live Fit Trainer and Ashley Conrad’s 21 day Clutch program.
Sister Act Fitness wants to know what programs have you tried? What worked for you? What hasn’t worked for you?
Try to get outside and enjoy this beautiful weather we are having in Vancouver. If you don’t know me, this is an incredibly sarcastic statement. My friend pulled me out of the house for a gorgeous hike in the rain and I looked like I got out of the shower when we were done. That being said, it was amazing to get some fresh air and at least it isn’t snowing. Note to self- toques are not water repellent. Check out the puddle in the bottom left picture, my feet were soaked.