Happy birthday to me! It’s Mo and today I am 29! I feel lucky that I have one more year in my 20’s. I woke up this morning at my usual time of 4:30 am and got ready for the gym. My husband got me an awesome new workout shirt, my favourite chocolate and made me an incredible video of some of my favourite pictures. I hit the gym this morning and completed this brutal workout: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/jamie-eason-livefit-trainer-phase-2-day-40.html
I did not take a rest day today because we have been having a lot of birthday treats lately. I went to Victoria with a group of my friends on the weekend to celebrate our birthdays. We had an incredible high tea and I indulged in many ways. I will also be attending two more birthday celebrations this weekend and a dinner with family tonight. I had to get my butt up this morning and start earning all of those cheats. I am trying to make my cheats in moderation.
So when I was on the treadmill this morning I was reflecting about the last year and the things I want to accomplish before I turn 30. I created a bucket list a couple years ago and I add to it regularly. I completed three things from my bucket list last year that I want to share with you:
1. Learning to surf: since I was a child I have been obsessed with surfing and surfers. I used to have my room plastered with posters of surfers. I was obsessed but had never taken lessons. I have surfed in Australia and Tofino but had it all wrong. My friend Becca and I went to Costa Rica on a surf and yoga vacation and I finally learned to surf!
2. Ziptrek: I am terrified of heights so going ziptrekking in Costa Rica was a stretch for me! I am thankful for the people in my life that push me to stretch myself. When I actually did it, it wasn’t even scary.
3. Boudoir Shoot: This year I took part in a boudoir shoot and it was one of the best things I have ever done! I am going to do an entire post on it one day but this was one of my favourite things that I crossed off my bucket list this year.
So what is on my list to do before I am 30:
1. Travel to a different country: My sisters and I are planning a big trip for my 30th but there may be a smaller trip before then.
2. Fitness: Get my body as strong as possible before I may have to have knee surgery again. I want to get a 6 pack this year!
3. White Water Rafting
4. Have 100 followers for our blog!
I have many more ideas of things I want to do but I want to keep it manageable. I would like to say a big thank you to all the people in my life who have supported me, challenged me, encouraged me and made me laugh this past year. I feel very thankful that I have such incredible people around me that pat me on the back and also give me a kick in the ass when I need it. I love you all very much and I wouldn’t be where I am without you.
As special shout out to the other half of this blog. Hope it is a fit and healthy year for us! Watch out 29… here I come!