Hey everyone! Here is my first summer recipe and I hope you enjoy it. I find that the key to an amazing summer recipe is to use fresh ingredients that are filling but are still light and healthy.
Zucchini- I used three which made 3 portions
Fresh dill (1/4 cup chopped finely )
Fresh basil (chop finely, approx. 4-5 leaves)
Shrimp (I used fresh hand peeled, 2 packages)
Red onion (dice half)
1/2 quart of cherry or grape tomatoes (leave whole)
1 lemon quartered
7 mushrooms sliced
3 gloves garlic minced
salt and pepper
Saffron (optional but my Mom brought some back from Turkey for me)
Chilli flakes (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a small casserole dish combine shrimp, lemon, diced onion, tomatoes, mushrooms, basil and dill. Drizzle a small amount of olive oil overtop. Add saffron, salt and pepper.
3. Place casserole in oven for approx. 20-25 minutes depending on oven. Stir halfway through so everything is equally covered with lemon, oil, and spices.
3. Slice zucchini into small strips. Ideally this recipe can be done with a mandolin or requires some patience. Try to make the zucchini into even slices.
Here are some more great tips in making zucchini noodles:
4. Bring a large pot of water to boil.
5. Once water has reached a boil add zucchini and blanche for 1 minute.
6. Drain the noodles in a colander.
7. In a frying pan add some olive oil. Cook the zucchini for 2 minutes. This step can be omitted depending on how you desire the texture of your zucchini.
8. Remove casserole dish- a good indicator of when it is cooked is when the tomatoes are ready to burst. Mix with the zucchini noodles.
9. Add salt and pepper to taste. I also added some chilli flakes for a little bit of heat.
The last step is to find someone awesome to share it with and take it to a great spot. My Mom and I headed down to the beach and enjoyed it by the ocean. Oh and my Mom said that it tastes good and she isn’t biased… so try it out! Let us know what you think! \
What is your favourite healthy summer recipe? We need some new ones!
Follow us on Facebook: Sister Act Fitness
Follow us on Instagram: sisteractfitness
Thanks for reading! Mo xo